Sunday 8 December 2013

by Aisha Lumumba



I Am Not My Hair


Description:

I Am Not My Hair is an original art quilt by Aisha Lumumba. It is a beautifully crafted scrap quilt made along the lines of a crazy quilt. The background fabric is hand-dyed by Marquetta Johnson.

Please Click on the Rollover Link Below for more Information:



>


Jazzy Blues 2014 Art Quilt Calendar

By Aisha Lumumba

This 2014 Art Quilt Calendar is filled with original designed quilts by Aisha Lumumba. The theme is improvisation. The quilts in this calendar make a strong departure from the traditional pattern and rhythm of standard quilts. Ms. Lumumba has stepped outside the box to create something new and daring. You will enjoy all twelve full color pictures each month of the year.

They make wonderful gifts.

Please lick on the two Rollover Links in the above image for more information:

<>

Aisha produces stunning quilts, in a style that was once common in the North East of England and know as Durham quilts – I remember watching my grandmother making them when I was a young boy and so I am aware of the time and effort that is required to produce such work.

Take the time to browse Aisha’s Web page to get a better idea of the work that she produces.

Thanks for allowing me to include your work in the Blog Aisha.

All the best

2 comments:

  1. Wow Geordie! This is really beautiful. Thank you so much. This art is really a great gift for a special person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aisha,

      And I really appreciate you becoming a member of my Nelson Mandela Blog.

      Thanks again

      All the best
      Geordie Gardiner

      Delete